Magnetic resonance imaging
MR Žilina s.r.o.
MR Žilina is currently the most modern magnetic resonance imaging facility in the Žilina Region and one of the most modern in the whole of Slovakia. A highly erudite team with many years of experience in the field uses the latest SIEMENS MAGNETOM Spectra 3.0T instrumentation. The equipment guarantees the use of inventive procedures and clinical applications in order to provide the most accurate imaging diagnostics for patients and clinicians.
- MR Žilina magnetic resonance imaging department performs all standard examinations of the brain and spine, thoracic, abdominal and pelvic cavity, musculoskeletal system and vascular system of adult and pediatric patients and many advanced (extended) clinical applications such as tractography, perfusion, diffusion and spectroscopy
- examinations are fully covered by all health insurance companies
possibility of examination also for self-payers on the basis of standard procedure and list prices
- booking an appointment for an examination also via the online application form on the website
the unique digital technology of the MR system ensures high image quality, the optimised workflow with more examinations per day and the optimised design of the system (with an opening width of 60 cm, with a length of 173 cm) ensures greater comfort for patients weighing up to 200 kg
- The latest examination coils, together with the 3.0T magnetic field, can achieve exceptionally high quality and detailed images of the knee and shoulder joints
- the unit is connected to the Teleradiology Communication Centre (T3C), through which it is possible for collaborating medical institutions and outpatient clinics to send images or findings electronically, free of charge and in a secure manner (outpatient physicians who are not part of the T3C will be able to access the image documentation via the TomoCon Lite solution)
- the department applies the EN ISO 9001:2015 quality management system in the provision of healthcare in radiology with a focus on magnetic resonance imaging
MUDr. Martina Serva Vessová
The SIEMENS MAGNETOM Spectra 3.0T, Tim 4G magnetic resonance imaging device provides many special applications that, together with the many years of experience of our medical staff, enable extensive clinical diagnostics.
Special clinical applications of the device allow:
Adult and pediatric brain imaging including diffusion weighted imaging (DWI), Venous Bold (T2* 3D) applications, isotropic 3D brain imaging with use for detailed morphology assessment for preoperative neuronavigation
full spinal canal imaging by performing a multislice, multi-position examination
in the future we are also preparing specialized, advanced brain examinations such as perfusion techniques, MR tractography and functional brain MRI (fMRI)
Non-invasive examination of the blood vessels of the brain and neck with and without the use of contrast media. Use of 2D and 3D CE-MRA imaging techniques.
Specially dedicated coils for different parts of the body, together with the digital technology of the device, allow imaging of lesions of cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bone marrow with unique resolution
the latest coils, 16-channel shoulder or 18-channel knee coils, achieve an exceptionally high quality and detailed image of the joints
Abdomen and pelvis:
Differentiation of focal and diffuse lesions of the liver and pancreas, MRCP
MR enterography, MR rectal fistulography, MR pelvic fistulography
focal lesions of the kidney, adrenal gland and bladder
with complete diagnostic capabilities (DCE – dynamic contrast enhancement, DWI)
diagnosis of uterine and ovarian diseases (developmental anomalies, endometriosis, tumours)
Team MR Žilina
The workplace equipped with modern technology has been in operation since 2005. Many years of experience are reflected daily in the professional approach of the entire staff. Examinations and the entire course from the patient's admission to his diagnosis is provided by a team led by Martina Serva Vessova, MD.
MUDr. Martina Serva Vessová
MUDr. Jozef Krnčan
MUDr. Martina Papšová
MUDr. Michal Košík
Mgr. Viera Murínová
Mgr. Andrea Kuzmová
The patient will be contacted for an date of an appointment
Documents for download
Download questionnaires, application forms and price lists.
For referring physicians, we also offer convenient and free access to their patients’ findings, including the ability to view key images marked by the describing physician during diagnosis or download the complete study. More at eradiologia.sk.
MR Žilina, s.r.o.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Department
The premises of the University Hospital with Clinic Žilina
Vojtecha Spanyola 1739/43
010 01 Žilina