PROFILE OF THE MR CENTRE IN ŽILINA
MR Žilina, s.r.o is currently the most advanced magnetic resonance centre in Žilina Region and one of the most modern centres in Slovakia. A highly-qualified team with years of experience in the field uses the latest equipment: SIEMENS MAGNETOM Spectra 3.0T. The equipment guarantees innovative methods and clinical applications to provide the most accurate diagnostic imaging for patients and doctors.
MUDr. Jozef Krnčan
- The magnetic resonance centre MR Žilina s.r.o. performs all standard examinations of the brain and spine, chest cavity, abdominal cavity and pelvis, the musculoskeletal system and the vascular system of adult and child patients, and lots of advanced clinical applications, such as tractography, perfusion, diffusion and spectroscopy.
- The examinations are fully covered by all health insurance companies.
- It is also possible to examine self-payers based on the standard procedure and prices according to the price list.
- An appointment can also be made using the on-line request on the website.
- The unique digital technology of the MR system provides high image quality, optimised workflow with more examinations per day and optimised system design (with open bore diameter 60 cm, 173 cm long) provides greater comfort for patients weighing up to 200 kg.
- Latest examination coils coupled with a 3.0T magnetic field produce very high quality and detailed picture of knee and shoulder joints.
- The centre is connected to the Teleradiology Communication Centre (T3C), which can be used to send images or findings to the cooperating medical and outpatient facilities in electronic, free and secure form (outpatient doctors who are not a part of T3C will be given access to images using TomoCon Lite).
- The centre applies EN ISO 9001:2008 quality management system in the provision of healthcare in radiology with a focus on magnetic resonance.
The MR system SIEMENS MAGNETOM Spectra 3.0T, Tim 4G provides many special applications, which, coupled with years of experience of our medical staff, allow extensive clinical diagnostics.
Special clinical applications of the system allow:
- Examinations of the brain of adults and children, including diffusion imaging (DWI), venous Bold application (T2* 3D), isotropic 3D brain imaging for detailed assessment of morphology and for pre-operative neuronavigation.
- Full spinal canal imaging by a multi-sequential and multi-position examination.
- We are preparing specialised and advanced brain examinations for the future, such as: perfusion techniques, MR tractography and functional MR of the brain (fMRI).
- Special dedicated coils for different body parts with the device’s digital technology allow imaging of lesions of cartilages, tendons, ligaments and bone marrow with unique resolution.
- Latest coils, 16-channel arm coil or 18-channel knee coil produce very high quality and detailed image of joints.
- Non-invasive examination of blood vessels of the brain and neck with or without contrast media. Use of 2D and 3D CE-MRA imaging techniques.
Abdomen and pelvis:
- Differentiation of focal and diffuse lesions of the liver and the pancreas, MRCP.
- MR enterography, rectal MR, MR fistulography in the pelvis.
- Focal lesions of kidneys, adrenal glands and the bladder.
- Prostate pathology with full diagnostic options (DCE – dynamic contrast enhance, DWI)
- Diagnosis of uterus and ovary diseases (developmental anomalies, endometriosis, tumours).