PROFILE OF THE MR CENTRE IN PREŠOV
The magnetic resonance centre Pro Magnet, s.r.o. in Prešov is one of three modern magnetic resonance centres of Pro Diagnostic Group, a.s. in eastern Slovakia. In Prešov, we work with the high-performance, high-quality Siemens MAGNETOM Symphony system, which allows fast, accurate and non-invasive examinations. The centre is located in the Prešov University Hospital with Polyclinic.
MUDr. Peter Morvay
- The magnetic resonance centre Pro Magnet, s.r.o. is equipped with Siemens MAGNETOM Symphony, 1.5T, A Tim System, which performs all standard MR examinations of the head and the neck, the entire spine, the central nervous system, internal organs, the entire musculoskeletal and vascular system.
- We are one of the few magnetic resonance centres, which can provide general anaesthesia during the examination for all age categories. We use anaesthetic equipment, ventilator and full monitoring system certified for use in the MR environment.
- The examinations are fully covered by all health insurance companies.
- It is also possible to examine self-payers based on the standard procedure and prices according to the price list.
- An appointment can also be made using the on-line request on the website.
- The technology of Siemens MAGNETOM Symphony, A Tim System automates routine processes, making them significantly faster and easier. Its Tim (Total Imaging Matrix) technology allows connecting multiple coils and examining a larger area of the patient’s body.
- Anatomically-shaped coils contour the body optimally and produce high-quality images.
- The centre is connected to the Teleradiology Communication Centre (T3C), which can be used to send images or findings to the cooperating medical and outpatient facilities in electronic, free and secure form (outpatient doctors who are not a part of T3C will be given access to images using TomoCon Lite).
All of us who work here guarantee expertise, professionalism and respect for patients. Despite the cutting-edge technology and the expertise of our team, we wish you that you stay healthy and do not have to go to the hospital.
“The MR system SIEMENS MAGNETOM Symphony 1.5T provides many special applications, which, coupled with years of experience of our staff, allow extensive clinical diagnostics.”
- Examinations of the brain of adults and children, including diffusion imaging (DWI), venous Bold application (T2* SWI).
- Full spinal canal imaging by a multi-sequential and multi-position examination with possible DWI and myelography (special indications).
- The application of SWI (Susceptibility weighted Imaging) can identify small bleeding in the brain. It also helps to identify and distinguish intracranial singular or widespread metastases.
- Special dedicated coils for different body parts with the device’s digital technology allow imaging of lesions of cartilages, tendons, ligaments and bone marrow with excellent resolution.
- Non-invasive examinations of blood vessels, brain and neck.
- A pressure injector can be used to examine the arterial system of the head, neck, chest, abdomen and legs.
- Dynamic 3D examination of arteries.
Abdomen and pelvis
- Differentiation of focal and diffuse lesions of the liver, pancreas and adrenal glands.
- Ultra-fast 2D and 3D protocols for pelvic and kidney examination.
- Examination of ovaries and the uterus.
- Examination of the foetus in indicated cases.
- Imaging of bile ducts, pathological contents of the bile duct and pancreatic duct.
- Kidneys, adrenal glands and the bladder.