PROFILE OF THE MR CENTRE IN PREŠOV
The magnetic resonance centre Pro Magnet, s.r.o. in Prešov is one of three modern magnetic resonance centres of Pro Diagnostic Group, a.s. in eastern Slovakia. In Prešov, we work with the high-performance, high-quality PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T Omega HP, which allows fast, accurate and non-invasive examinations. The centre is located in the Prešov University Hospital with Polyclinic.
MUDr. Peter Morvay
“The MR system PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T Omega HP provides many special applications, which, coupled with years of experience of our staff, allow extensive clinical diagnostics.”
- Examinations of the brain of adults and children, including diffusion imaging (DWI), venous Bold application (T2* SWI).
- Advanced MR brain examination: All perfusion techniques (T2*, T1 and ASL), spectroscopy (SVS, CSI), tractography (DTI) and functional brain examination (fMRI). It allows more accurate diagnostics of brain diseases and pre-operative planning of the most demanding brain surgeries.
- Full spinal canal imaging by a multi-sequential and multi-position examination with possible DWI and myelography (special indications).
- The application of SWI (Susceptibility weighted Imaging) can identify small bleeding in the brain, vascular malformations and certain degenerative brain diseases. It also helps to identify and distinguish intracranial singular or widespread metastases.
- Special dedicated coils for different body parts with the device’s digital technology allow imaging of lesions of cartilages, tendons, ligaments and bone marrow with excellent resolution.