PROFILE OF THE MR CENTRE IN LEVICE
MR Levice is one of the nine magnetic resonance centres in Slovakia belonging to Pro Diagnostic Group, a.s. and it is also a partner centre of magnetic resonance – Medicína Nové Zámky. We use GE Signa 1.5T HDX, which allows high-quality imaging diagnostics and comfort for the examined patient.
Dear visitors of the magnetic resonance website,
I would like to welcome you to the magnetic resonance website on my behalf and on behalf of my colleagues in the Levice centre. We believe that this form of presentation of the centre and indications for a MR examination will be clear for healthcare professionals and the general public alike. Our goal was to prepare information for everyone so that doctors indicate magnetic resonance correctly and patients are aware of health problems where a MR examination can quickly and accurately provide information about their health condition.
The Levice MR is located in the Levice Hospital with Polyclinic. The centre allows examination of both adult and child patients. The centre is connected to the Teleradiology Communication Centre, which can be used to send images or findings to cooperating medical and outpatient facilities electronically.
Our team of doctors and health professionals with years of experience in radiology provides patients and referring doctors with high level of expertise and care. Despite the cutting-edge technology and the expertise of our team, we wish you that you stay healthy and do not have to go to the hospital.
MUDr. Mária Hladká , Head Doctor
“The MR system GE Signa 1.5T HDX provides many special applications, which, coupled with years of experience of our staff, allow extensive clinical diagnostics.”
- Examinations of the brain, including diffusion imaging (DWI), navigational pre-operative examination, 3D reconstructions.
- Specialised examination to diagnose epilepsy with protocols focused on detecting congenital lesions, focal changes and vascular anomalies typically manifested as epilepsy.
- Staging of cancer with suspected metastases in the brain or brain meninges with highly-sensitive 3D reconstructions of thin layers.
- Specialised protocols for detecting pituitary tumours, including small microadenomas, detection of prolactinomas with elevated level of prolactin.
- Examination of the intracranial venous system.
- Examination of internal auditory meatuses, detecting collisions between vascular structures and cranial nerves.
- Full spinal canal imaging by a multi-sequential and multi-position examination.
- Special dedicated coils for certain body parts allow imaging of lesions of cartilages, tendons, ligaments and bone marrow with excellent resolution.
- Examination of the Achilles tendon.
- Diagnostics of stress fractures in certain localisations.
- Non-invasive examination of intracranial arteries without contrast media, assessment of their anomalies, stenosis, detection of aneurysms.
- Examination of the intracranial venous system without contrast media or by the post-contrast method.
- Examination of blood vessels of the chest, abdomen and pelvis using non-iodinated contrast media.
Abdomen and pelvis
- Focal and diffuse liver lesions and their closer differentiation.
- Focal changes of the pancreas.
- MRCP with 3D reconstruction and an assessment of bile ducts and pancreatic ducts.
- MR enterography, monitoring patients diagnosed with Crohn’s disease.
- MR fistulography in the pelvis.
- MR examination of the prostate with possible use of the DWI.
- MR urography, differential diagnostics of certain focal lesions of kidneys.
- MR examination of adrenal glands.
- Diagnosis of cancerous and non-cancerous diseases of the uterus and ovaries, diagnostics of endometriosis.
- Staging of cancer, monitoring the success of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, evaluation according to the RECIST criteria.