Profile of the MR centre in Košice
Pro Magnet s.r.o., centre Košice, is one of the most advanced magnetic resonance centres in Slovakia. An erudite team with many years of experience in radiology uses the latest PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T Omega HP equipment. The equipment guarantees innovative methods and clinical applications to provide the most accurate diagnostic imaging for patients and doctors. The MRI centre is located in the East Slovakia Oncology Institute (Východoslovenský onkologický ústav) and is easily accessible for patients from the University Hospital in Košice.
MUDr. Lýdia Frigová
The MR system PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T Omega HP provides many special applications, which, coupled with years of experience of our staff, allow extensive clinical diagnostics.
- Examinations of the brain of adults and children, including diffusion imaging (DWI), venous Bold application (T2* SWI).
- Full spinal canal imaging by a multi-sequential and multi-position examination with possible DWI and myelography (special indications).
- SWI (Susceptibility weighted Imaging) can identify small bleedings in the brain, vascular malformations and certain degenerative brain diseases.
- Special coils for certain body parts coupled with the scanner’s digital technology allow imaging of lesions of cartilages, tendons, ligaments and bone marrow with excellent resolution.
- Non-invasive examinations of blood vessels, brain and neck.
- A pressure injector can be used to examine the arterial and vein system of the head, neck, chest and abdomen.
- Dynamic 3D examination of arteries.